Re: CVS Spring Cleaning Ancient versions libs in GNUstep CVS

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: CVS Spring Cleaning Ancient versions libs in GNUstep CVS
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 22:14:05 -0600

On Jun 5, 2004, at 4:27 PM, Alex Perez wrote:

(A) core/dgs/[jpeg|png|tiff|zlib] - unused and all from 1996-nearly 6MB
Fine.

(B) core/dgs/dgs/gs - ancient GhostScript code -- 10MB as far as I can tell, this is just GS code and contains no DPS code at all....
Well, DPS is mostly just GS code.

(C) *POSSIBLY* dgs/fonts, which contains a bunch of old .pfb, .pfm, and .afm PostScript fonts -- 2.5MB worth

In total, this would remove 18.5MB of old antiquated stuff which nobody is using. Does anyone have any objections to this at all? I realize this stuff is not in core, but surely it doesn't need to be kept around forever.

Basically, all of dgs is obsolete.

But, FYI, you could just move all these files to the Attic, you can't really delete them - only the gnu.org admin can do that and they're averse to removing CVS stuff directly from the repositories - that's what CVS is for anyway.