64bit issues in GNUstep

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: 64bit issues in GNUstep
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:42:59 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I am going to start looking into some of the issues in getting GNUstep working
on x86_64 platforms.  I recently got a machine which has a P4 630 w/ EM64T on
it.  I also, of course, still have other machines which are plain 32bit.

The first step is to get a plain old 32bit build running on a 64bit platform,
then to get GNUstep to run full 64bit.

Please let me know if any of you have any helpful suggestions or experience in
doing this as I would like to make certain that people who have these systems
aren't left with GNUstep being unusable.

GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.