pl2link not found when doing "sudo make install"

From: Frederico Muñoz
Subject: pl2link not found when doing "sudo make install"
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:24:57 +0100

Hello all,

I have this problem lingering for some time now and I can't detect
what causes it: whenever I do make install via sudo I get a "/bin/sh:
pl2link: command not found" error message. I have found some messages
with this problem in the archives but, alas, no answers.

What intrigues me is that many applications seem to install correctly
with "sudo make install", and I can't detect any significant
difference between the GNUmakefiles in those apps and Installer. To
make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong I created a test
application without writing a single line of code, just created it in
PC and put up a window with Gorm. This application fails to compile
with the same error (I have out that app at
http://www.gesal.org/gnustep/Test.tar.gz).

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

fsmunoz