RE: The goal of GNUstep 1.0 (Why Unanimous Consent Doesn't Work)

From: Fabien VALLON
Subject: RE: The goal of GNUstep 1.0 (Why Unanimous Consent Doesn't Work)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:22:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Mer 26 octobre 2005 17:45, Adam Fedor wrote:

> [...]

Good, you can release 1.0  now ( "OpenStep-compliant" ;-)

Before that I think developers should :

* Check if all OpenStep methods/classes  are implemented  and if not,
implement them or add it in documentation
( ex: in
http://gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Gui/General/OpenStepCompliance.html
Nothing about NSBTreeBlock and  some others ( removed because they are no
longer part of OpenStep standard )  )

* Check if  STRICT_OPENSTEP preproc condition is used everywhere ( when
required )

* IMO autogsdoc should clearly mark methods "supported" for 1.0
(OpenStep-compliance) ( with a different color for html output for example
)

* Fix some classes in -gui : NSColorPanel / Printing / NSWorkspace  /
Events loop troubles and Window Manager "integration" ....

* Check if all methods for 1.0 are fully documented

* Choose a default backend (?)

* Maybye add a test suite for the 1.0

* Test 1.0 in predifined OS target ( Linux / *BSD for example )
and backend ( XFree86 / X.org )

Then release a Release condidate and find packagers ( marketing ;)

Cheers
Fabien