Re: question to backend/gui guru...

From: xavier . glattard
Subject: Re: question to backend/gui guru...
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:29:54 +0200

Selon "Philippe C.D. Robert" <address@hidden>:

> What are you actually trying to come up with? And what AppKit classes
> would you need exactly in your code? SDL already gives you a lot of
> this functionality you mention. So it might be easier to just use
> gnustep-base + SDL for what you have in mind? This is straight
> forward today, when I did it years ago I had to cleanup the SDL
> source first, removing all the variables called 'id' ;-)
>
> -Phil
> --
> Philippe C.D. Robert
> http://www.nice.ch/~phip

Philippe,

Some of the classes i might use :
(picked up from
www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Gui/Reference/)

NSColor*
NSCursor
NSEvent
NSFileWrapper
NSFont*, NSGlyph*
NSImage*
NSGraphicsContext
NSOpenGL*
NSResponder
NSScreen
NSSound

At least NSResponder and NSEvent will be very useful.

Yes, I can do all this with SDL. But as i said i prefer reuse what i can and
write code that may be easily reused in a full-gnustep apps.

The SDL headers are quite clean :
- one "id" in SDL_cdrom.h  :
  i dont need it for the moment and i might wrap it easily
- many more in SDL_openGL.h that mainly come from glext.h :
  i will use the real hearders but no glext (later?)

Rgrds

Xavier