Re: GSoC participant

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GSoC participant
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:49:51 +0200 (CEST)

>> - fixing window focusing issues
>> That will be very appreciated, since even the live CD is plagued by
>> them! That doesn't make a good impression
>
> I really hope that I can fix some.  They seem to be complicated issues,
> but can very annoying.  The first step is collecting reports of what
> issues are present, so at some point, I'll be sending a message to the
> list requesting more information.

"fixing window focusing issues" is a big chunk of work, mostly because of
the conflicts between the different philosophies - you'll need to figure
out a plan to work these out.  Eg, what do you do if the window manager's
window focusing mechanism clearly conflicts with the OpenStep API. ;-)

But in my opinion it is the highest priority task in gnustep-gui - it would
be fantastic if you were to sort it out! :-)

Thanks