GNUstep Make and C++

From: David Chisnall
Subject: GNUstep Make and C++
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:10:43 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to persuade GNUstep Make to build a project which includes some C++ files. Apparently the ${TOOLNAME}_CXX_FILES variable is not recognised, so can someone suggest the correct solution? The only references I can find say you should set set CC=${CXX} but this is not a good solution since in some build configurations I need to compile C files with a C compiler and C++ files with a C++ compiler in the same project. If I try using ${TOOLNAME}_CC_FILES then it seems to recognise the macro but then complains that there is no rule to make the .o file. Do I need to include something to get the C++ suffix rule?

David