Re: objc native exceptions

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: objc native exceptions
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:57:52 +0100

On 27 Jun 2008, at 16:35, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

I was wondering if there was any good reason why gnustep-make doesn't enable native exceptions by default if the compiler supports it.

There are some overheads in enabling native exceptions.

I'm not too familiar with the issue, I only know that when I added support for native exceptions to gnustep-make and tried to make it the default, someone else came out and turned it off again by default claiming that the overheads
are high.

That's fine btw - the main problem is that because you need a special configure flag to turn them on, nobody seems to be using native exceptions, so they don't get used / tested / finished. :-(

Which is a pity, because they are a nice feature to have.

Thanks