Re: objc native exceptions

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: objc native exceptions
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:27:23 +0100

 The only overhead is data size increases.

Yes - that's right - it was the data size increase that was considered by some (I think it was Alex Malmberg) too high. IIRC their point was precisely that when you turn on native exceptions, all of your object files are bloated no
matter if you use exceptions or not. ;-)

They may have a good point - worth doing a few quick tests to see if turning on
native exceptions really bloats the object code so much or not :-)

If the size increase is not too high, I'd personally like having native exceptions
turned on by default.

Thanks