Re: RFA: patches

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: RFA: patches
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 17:01:00 +0000

On 7 Mar 2009, at 11:02, address@hidden wrote:

Hi!

This is just a heads-up for my patches, since I don' want to commit them without your feedback.

1. I implemented key repeat support for keyboard events in GServerEvent 2. I implemented mouse position setting support in GSDisplayServer and XGServerWindow. I really need that feature in any serious OpenGL application. 3. I did some NSOpenGL improvements, like multisampling support. I think I should coordinate my work there with Xavier and Matt.

I know nothing about OpenGL stuff, and the little I could find about setting the mouse position in Cocoa says 'don't do it', but assuming there is good reason for adding that capability, I have one comment ...

You really need to provide an implementation for mswindows as well as for gnu/linux. This is really essential for writing portable applications ... it's a really good discipline to ensure that any code which works on gnu/linux works on mswindows too.