cross compiling gnustep on embedded device (wince)

From: Vincent R.
Subject: cross compiling gnustep on embedded device (wince)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:04:21 +0200

Hi,

I wanted to try to cross-compile core foundation to be able to play with
objective C on
my smartphone running windows CE.
I am using cegcc as a cross compiler and I have downloaded :

gnustep-make-2.2.0
gnustep-base-1.19.1

What would be the necessary steps to cross-compile and/or add support for
wince platform ?
First question is gnustep-make architecture dependent ?
I have configured and compiled gnustep-make as shown below :

./configure --prefix=/opt/mingw32ce --host=arm-mingw32ce
--target=arm-mingw32ce
make && make instal

THe problem I don't know if it handles cross-compiler and arm-*-pe targets

Then I tried to configure gnustep-base but I get some errors that make me
think
that it uses wrong compiler (gcc instead of arm-mingw32ce-gcc ...)

Could someone help me with this ?

Thanks