Re: cross compiling gnustep on embedded device (wince)

From: Vincent R.
Subject: Re: cross compiling gnustep on embedded device (wince)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:11:46 +0200

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:04:21 +0200, "Vincent R." <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to try to cross-compile core foundation to be able to play with
> objective C on
> my smartphone running windows CE.
> I am using cegcc as a cross compiler and I have downloaded :
>
> gnustep-make-2.2.0
> gnustep-base-1.19.1
>
> What would be the necessary steps to cross-compile and/or add support
for
> wince platform ?
> First question is gnustep-make architecture dependent ?
> I have configured and compiled gnustep-make as shown below :
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/mingw32ce --host=arm-mingw32ce
> --target=arm-mingw32ce
> make && make instal
>
> THe problem I don't know if it handles cross-compiler and arm-*-pe
targets

> Then I tried to configure gnustep-base but I get some errors that make
me
> think
> that it uses wrong compiler (gcc instead of arm-mingw32ce-gcc ...)
>
> Could someone help me with this ?

What makes me think it uses teh wrong compiler is the following error :

Making all for subproject Additions...z
 Compiling file GSCategories.m ...
GSCategories.m: In function `-[NSData(GSCategories)
initWithHexadecimalRepresentation:]':
GSCategories.m:310: warning: subscript has type `char'
GSCategories.m: At top level:
GSCategories.m:945: error: conflicting types for 'strerror_r'
/usr/include/string.h:69: error: previous declaration of 'strerror_r' was
here
GSCategories.m:945: error: conflicting types for 'strerror_r'
/usr/include/string.h:69: error: previous declaration of 'strerror_r' was
here

it seems to search for include in /usr/include while it should be in
/opt/mingw32ce/arm-mingw32ce/include

Last thing how does makefile works because usually when I enter make
command,
make file is called and processed but here this is not the case since
Makefile is almost empty.
So how does it work ?