Re: Jenkins set up for GNUstep...

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Jenkins set up for GNUstep...
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:53:51 +0200

Could you please explain how this setup compares to the old nightly build system that Adam used to provide? The benefit there was that it allowed multiple machines to register as build hosts. Normally the build works fine on the machine of the submitter, we need completely different setups to detect the problems with submits. It would be just great if there were an easy way to move over the old distributed build farm to the new system.

Running the tests on your machine is surely fine, but sending out mails on failed tests may be a bit annoying. In gui we have a few tests that are known failures. I am going to mark all of the as "dashed hopes" for now. The problem here is that we want to encourage people to write more test code, if a failed test ends up with a mail to everybody this may not send the right message.

Fred