Re: undefined reference to __gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0

From: Dmitry Moskalchuk
Subject: Re: undefined reference to __gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 13:42:32 +0300

On 26/12/15 13:31, David Chisnall wrote:
> libsupc++ is the GNU implementation.  libcxxrt is what we ship on FreeBSD.
> libc++abi exists because of some annoying NIH from Apple.

Ah, I see. I haven't seen on FreeBSD's implementation yet. Thanks for
explanation.

> I believe that libc++abi is does not implement support for foreign exceptions
> (though this may have been fixed recently).  The correct fix for this is
> probably to persuade Android to ship libcxxrt instead of libc++abi.

Well, Android itself doesn't ship any C++ runtime. Instead, C++ support
libraries are packed as part of every application, where C++ used.
Taking this into account, maybe it makes sense to look on libcxxrt for
including it into CrystaX NDK (our native development kit for
Android)... This is definitely what I'll look on bit later, when this
specific issue (Objective-C++ exceptions) will be fixed.

--
Dmitry Moskalchuk