Re: gnustep-back font display broken on cairo

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: gnustep-back font display broken on cairo
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 18:06:10 +0200

I would not like to revert this change even though I agree with you that pull
requests this big are bad. The overall changes here are good and in most cases
we see no issues with them. As for your specific setting, did you try to run
with the property "GSFontHinting" set to the value 17? This should switch back
to the old behaviour for font hinting. If this does not help you should try to
revert part of the changes. This is easier as it seems. Most of the changes in
this pull request deal with font names and weights. That is irrelevant for the
font displaying and you may just ignore those changes. Which leaves you with
less than a handful of interesting changes to look into.

That is currently all I can say as I am away from my computer.
Fred

On the road