Re: Embedded blocks...

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Embedded blocks...
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 07:11:11 +0200

On Fri, 01 Nov 2019 04:45:43 +0200,
address@hidden wrote:
> > Am 31.10.2019 um 21:47 schrieb Yavor Doganov <address@hidden>:
> > But GCC didn't drop support for GNUstep.  It just cannot cope with
> > the changes of the language/runtime that are completely under the
> > control of a single corporation.
>
> This is FUD! LLVM is not under control by a single cooperation, it
> never was.

But I didn't say that.  The language is entirely under Apple's
control.  It is not developed by a committee or some independent
group.  Which means that when Apple decides to make changes,
implementors have to catch up.  Undoubtedly, LLVM/Clang is doing a
much better job than GCC on that front but this has its technical and
non-technical explanation.

> More FUD!
>
> Are you aware of https://github.com/topics/objective-c
> <https://github.com/topics/objective-c> ?

Not this in particular, but I'm aware there is free software for Mac.
Unfortunately, most of it is not readily available or easily portable
because it a) depends on other nonfree libraries; b) relies on
functionality not yet implemented on GNUstep (which would be the case
even if GNUstep stopped supporting GCC).