issue with mixed Objective-C ABI and SystemPreferences

From: RIccardo Mottola
Subject: issue with mixed Objective-C ABI and SystemPreferences
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2020 23:01:09 +0100

Hi!

I was able to compile most of GNUsteps apps with the options discussed in a previous mail, the only combination I got working is clang + Obj-C 2.

Most apps seem to work fine, including GWorkspace (which loads inspectors just fine) and ProjectCenter.

SystemPreferences instead does not start!

I get this issue:

Version 2 Objective-C ABI may not be mixed with earlier versions.

and a crash. Why? No real clue yet.

I checked compilation of SystemPreferences with messages=yes and clang is used.

More ideas?

Riccardo