Re: Next GNUstep release

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 21:42:30 +0100

I have cut new releases:
- gnustep-make 2.8.0
- gnustep-base 1.27.0
- gnustep-gui 0.28.0
- gnustep-back 0.28.0

They've been pushed to GitHub as commits and signed-tags, signed using
GPG key of yours truly. The signed tags, interpreted as releases by
GitHub, have been marked as 'prerelease', and tarballs + GPG
signatures made using the maintainer key have been attached to them.
  https://github.com/gnustep/tools-make/releases/make-2_8_0
   https://github.com/gnustep/libs-base/releases/base-1_27_0
   https://github.com/gnustep/libs-gui/releases/gui-0_28_0
   https://github.com/gnustep/libs-back/releases/back-0_28_0

As a temporary download URL, they're also available at
  https://badc0de.net/gs/2020/
for anyone who does not use GitHub.

Please, have a go at them, and let me know if there are any critical
issues. Please particularly review ANNOUNCE files as these will
customarily go out to address@hidden. ANNOUNCE files should be the
same ones that have been committed into our Git repositories.

Please validate .sig files in case I made a mistake; that would be
rather embarrassing.

If there are none, one of the evenings next week I will:

- upload tarballs to the default distribution point at ftp.gnustep.org
- flip the 'prerelease' bit on GitHub
- send ANNOUNCE emails to address@hidden and to address@hidden

as was done for previous releases.

Thank you everyone for your work! While preparing these was a lot of
work, I am also impressed by the amount of changes all across the
board: tons of new classes, tons of work on Android; very very
impressive amount of changes.