gnustep-webmasters

Site structure revamp

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Site structure revamp
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 03:29:35 +0100

I've reacted to some of the discussion threads by merging the
five or six current documentation pages into two:
  http://www.gnustep.org/experience/documentation.html
  http://www.gnustep.org/developers/documentation.html
and by cutting the number of links in the sidebar. I'm quite
happy to add some of them back if I killed your favourite. I'd
like to add a news link, but I'm not sure where's the best
destination. Suggestions?

I noticed that MultiViews seems to be enabled on the server,
so we can remove the .html from links now and then change to
using .php later if we want more active content. I'll try to
do that, check for unlinked pages and make sure some reasonably
likely "walks" through the site are easy to do soon.

http://www.gnustep-apps.org/ also points to the site now - is
that deliberate? If so, maybe it could go straight to GSApps
once it's retemplated.

Finally, I added a README to the top level of CVS. Quite a lot
of pages in one directory seem like they'd be better in another.
resources/ in particular is becoming a dumping ground (as much
my fault as anyone's).

Hope that helped,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/