gnuzilla-dev

Preliminary 'wip-78' branch pushed to Savannah.

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Preliminary 'wip-78' branch pushed to Savannah.
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 00:17:44 -0400

Hello all,

I pushed my preliminary work on IceCat 78 to the 'wip-78' branch on
Savannah.  However, it has serious problems and is not yet ready for
use.  Some of our most important customizations are failing at present:

* Our bundled extensions aren't being recognized.

* The privacy pane of <about:preferences>, which we attempt to augment
  with additional options, is completely broken and fails to render when
  selected.

* Google is the default search engine, despite the changes made in
  "data/patches/default-search-duckduckgo.patch".

Also, I've not yet researched whether there are additional anti-features
in 78 that we will need to remove or mitigate, relative to version 68.

I would be grateful for any help.

Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org> writes:
> The development for IceCat 78 will take place on `master'

That sounds fine to me in general, but I'm reluctant to push this
preliminary work to 'master' in its current broken state.  I'd prefer to
wait until it could plausibly be called a 'preview' release before
pushing a cleaned-up history to 'master'.

What do you think?

      Mark