gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] about the gomd+libgomd

From: Ramon Pons Vivanco
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] about the gomd+libgomd
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 01:14:11 +0100

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:43:42 +0000, Matthias Rechenburg wrote:

> So there will be no method for "get-clusterload" in the gomd but in the
> libgomd and (to my mind) no "inter-node communication" is really needed.

That's right. We have to bind to a port to allow clients[1] comunication.
For that we need to create a socket and bind to the port. Libcommoncpp do
this socket+bind. But when you are creating the socket, you have to say
the type. That is SOCK_DGRAM => UDP

     sockfd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0);
     bzero((char *) &serv_addr, sizeof(serv_addr));
     serv_addr.sin_family = AF_INET;
     serv_addr.sin_addr.s_addr = INADDR_ANY;
     serv_addr.sin_port = htons(9889);
     bind(sockfd, (struct sockaddr *) &serv_addr, sizeof(serv_addr);

[1] clients: A client is for example openMosixView. Not gomd.

right ?

> about the UDP:
> is there a reason using UDP if we do not need an inter-nodes communication ?

Yes, to listen on a UDP port.

--
 .''`.                Why is a cow? Mu. (Ommmmmmmmmm)
: :' :

then you win.                                    -- Mahatma Gandhi