gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Next milestone list

From: Mirko Caserta
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Next milestone list
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 21:51:20 +0200

On Tue, 13 May 2003 14:32:27 -0500 (CDT)
Johnny Cache <address@hidden> wrote:

> Heya guys, i just had time to sit down and read through all the gomd
> code. All i have to say is that ive never seen cleaner c++ in my life.
> Thanks rejected and everyone else. >:>

Actually, all of the code (but some flex parts by Ramon) was written by Gian
Paolo. I'm glad to hear he's doing a pretty good job. I had no doubt about that
since I've been working on his openMosixInfoDaemon written in Java and it was a
pleasure for me to walk through the code.

> I have put a alpha screenshot of the new 3dmosmon up on my website.
> it obviously doesnt interface with  gomd yet but it gives you a idea
> what its going to look like.
> http://www.hick.org/~johnycsh/images/3dmosmon-alpha.jpg
>
> Theres obviously a lot more for me to do but it gives idea of the
> level of eye candy possible with ogre. :)

Wow Johnny, that looks real nice! The only thing is you're going to need all of
the cluster's CPU cycles to compute that 3D graphics, unless you have a pretty
good 3D hw accellerator ;)

Good job man!

I'm currently trying and fix some things in the userspace-tools (when I have
the time). Today I'm adding another Pentium machine to the cluster and once I
got my father's P2-200MMX I should have a 6 nodes system and that is going to
give me more chances to test gomd + libgomd a little bit.

In the meanwhile I'm coding in C at work so I'm regaining some confidence with
it :)

Rejected also has a nice article about libraries under Linux which is going to
be published by the same magazine where my oM article was issued. I've had a
chance to read it and it's great. Great job Gian Paolo. Keep up with the good
work.

That's the news from Rome, Italy. ;)

Ciao, Mirko.