gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] gomd testing report

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: [gomd-devel] gomd testing report
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 22:19:57 +0200

Hi my friends,

just found some time to test the gomd from the latest cvs.
I mostly works fine for me but i have a few stability probs with it.
First i fixed some missing headers because it does not
compile correct on my system here (redhat 7.3). Error
was that it did not know anything about errno ;) ...

Currently the help function does not work but gives me
<ERROR>: requested help page doesn't exist.
... i think just a "small one" ;)

Otherwise the functions are working ok for me.
The main prob is which happens here in testing is
that from time to time the gomd exist quite with:
node4 # <INFO> closing all connections
<INFO> clean exit forced
Connection closed by foreign host.

Then there is no gomd process after it for answering the
next request and i have to restart it.
any idea what can cause this (mostly to JP ;) ?

Anyways many thanks for all those heave code improvements.
Stay tuned ! As we can see from the openMosix mailing list
people are interested in our project ;)
... and i think we can do a lot more "funny stuff" with the
gomd later.

Take your time and have a nice evening,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

"Only wimps use tape backups: real men upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it."
                                          - Linus B. Torvalds