gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] gomd testing report

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] gomd testing report
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 01:02:15 +0200

Hi Matt!
First of all, thanks for testing! :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Rechenburg" <address@hidden>

Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 10:19 PM
Subject: [gomd-devel] gomd testing report

> Hi my friends,
>
> just found some time to test the gomd from the latest cvs.
> I mostly works fine for me but i have a few stability probs with it.
> First i fixed some missing headers because it does not
> compile correct on my system here (redhat 7.3). Error
> was that it did not know anything about errno ;) ...
>
> Currently the help function does not work but gives me
> <ERROR>: requested help page doesn't exist.
> ... i think just a "small one" ;)

Strange here works...
"get help 1|2|3|4" works...

> Otherwise the functions are working ok for me.
> The main prob is which happens here in testing is
> that from time to time the gomd exist quite with:
> node4 # <INFO> closing all connections
> <INFO> clean exit forced
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> Then there is no gomd process after it for answering the
> next request and i have to restart it.
> any idea what can cause this (mostly to JP ;) ?

Ops... I know why...
Socket timeout set also for the daemon... :))))
If no request is received in a minute, gomd exits... :)
I'll fix it quickly (I hope).

> Anyways many thanks for all those heave code improvements.
> Stay tuned ! As we can see from the openMosix mailing list
> people are interested in our project ;)
> ... and i think we can do a lot more "funny stuff" with the
> gomd later.
WOW!... :)

> Take your time and have a nice evening,
>
> Matt
> --
Also to you!
Thanks to you, Matt! :)

<rejected>

PS: I've just sent a mail to Moshe requesting some infos about his new
monitoring tool.
(I wrote the mail in Italian => I'll translate Moshe's reply in English and
post it here, as it arrives).