gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <BETA> various stuff...

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <BETA> various stuff...
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:56:41 +0200

Hey JP,

On Sonntag 28 September 2003 13:54, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> First of all, I'd like to thank the whole GOMD TEAM for
> helping/supporting/... me. ;)

;)

> First public beta is approaching.
>

> BETA PERIOD
> - start of beta phase: 30 Sept 2003 (release during the night as I'll have
> an exam on the afternoon)

ok

> - end of beta phase: 30 October 2003 (I hope).

hehehehe

> PR STUFF
> Matt: we've to define what to include in the posts on the oM ML.
> Ok? ;)

any suggestions are welcome.
Plan to write a small summary/introduction about the intention
and history of the gomd and list all serious features, requirements
and explain in short how to use it.

> PACKAGING
>
> > what about packaging for the beta ?
> > sources and/or rpm's ? even debs and/or gentoo builds ?
>
> We need a package maintainer... ;)
> Any volunteer?
> However all the packaging stuff is done.

wooow, great.

> ATM we can deploy:
> - RPM (for Mdk, RH, SuSE)
> - ebuild (for Gentoo)
> - deb (for Debian)
> - compressed sources, tar.gz (for all)
>

> BUG FIX.
>
> > the "get cpuinfo 257" command returned me only the info of the 1st cpu,
> > while I have 2 cpu's in that machine.
> > The /proc/cpuinfo file was ok.
> > Could somebody look at this please? :)
>
> Fixed (changed some stuff in utils.cpp).
> Please test on your machine, roeles. ;)
>

> JAVA2GOMD
>
> > P.s. I finished the basics of java2gomd. Now I just have to implement
> > this before I am going to release:
> > - Neat exception handling/throwing
> > - Bandwith control
> > - Graphical classes for easy monitoring
> > - Documentation (javadoc and more)

:) i am anxious about the new java-libgomd-interface :))
thx to Roeles

> Excellent! If you need help, I'm here... ;)
>

> DEBUG
> As we're approaching first beta, I'm doing some deep tests for removing
> memory leaks, thread race-condition,...
> I'm using two outstanding tools:  valgrind
> (http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/) and the graphic profiler kcachegrind
> (http://www.weidendorfers.de/kcachegrind).
> I'm working on a new script (debug/valgrind.sh) to automatize the search of
> bugs (ATM only for the daemon).
> ASAP the commit.
>

> MATT's QT-BASED EXAMPLE
> ASAP I'll add the example to the compile.sh script (as optional code to be
> compiled).
>

> DOCUMENTATION.
> ASAP the update for the whole documentation+lots of comments in the code.
>

> SURVEY ABOUT CHPOX SUPPORT
> This feature is really important for several users.
> Should we start the implementation while we're in beta phase (maybe asking
> the user to explicitly enable feature via a command line option)?
> I need comments/suggestions/... about this support.
>
> Byez.
>
> <rejected>
>
> PS: thanks again for all...

have a nice day,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

"Of course my password is the same as my pet's name.  My dog's
name was Q47pY!3$H9x, but I change it every 90 days."