gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Chpox support in gomd

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] Chpox support in gomd
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:54:07 +0100

Hi all.
This is the mail I'd like to send to chpox authors.
Comments?

Byez.

<rejected>

** HERE THE MAIL FOR CHPOX'S AUTHORS STARTS ********

Hi.

I'm one of the developers of the "general openMosix daemon" (gomd).
The goal of this project is to support all openMosix tools so your nice
chpox program is in our TODO list and we'd like to start a fruitful
cooperation with you all to implement this support in the right way (you are
the authors so your suggestions/hints/criticisms are really important for
us).

This is our project plan to support chpox in gomd:

Phase#1:
Start implementing basic support and providing some high-level APIs to
register/restore processes (maybe exported in "our" libgomd so programmers
can easily use them). The gomd daemon (written in C++ with STL) will have a
thread that periodically invokes the chpox register mechanism on the
processes included in a appropriated list of PIDs. The thread will perform
the needed calls sequentially (or we could start a separate thread
per-process to be registered).

Phase #2:
 add some algorithms to choose automatically the processes to be registered
(the user will be able to define what kind of process to be registered via
special macros like CHPOX_HUGE_PROCS, CHPOX_MIGRATED-ONLY_PROCS,...).

Thanks for your nice project.
Keep up the good work!

Gian Paolo Ghilardi (aka <rejected>)
GOMD Team (http://www.nongnu.org/gomd/)