goptical

Re: [Goptical] Configure Error on Install

From: Frederick Sonnichsen
Subject: Re: [Goptical] Configure Error on Install
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 18:18:05 -0400

OK and thanks for the updates.
It is very difficult to obtain a simple geometrical optics package at a reasonable cost. I only need to use it to visualizeĀ  occasional setups on my bench and there is little out there for under $500 or even $1000. I had a license for Zemax at one time. It cost over $7000 and did not do physical optics. After that I had to write a lot of my own code in ZPL because it was a very limited package without features such as energy density plots etc.
fritz