gotmail-list

Re: [gotmail] None

From: paul cannon
Subject: Re: [gotmail] None
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:36:52 -0700

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 04:22:42PM -0500, Ken Edwards wrote:
> I tried what you asked,  the output is below :
>
> curl "http://loginnet.passport.com/";

<snip>

> Scripting diabled ?  I am not sure what is going on here.  Another

Yes. Hotmail thinks you have scripting disabled because you accessed
that url without any extra information. That normally wouldn't happen-
we were just testing to see if curl was working and could reach that
site.

> person suggested I run with lynx.

Lynx will not be able to read Hotmail; it does not support Javascript.
Gotmail doesn't either but it knows how to pretend that it does.

> How do you modify browsers attributes ?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

> >On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 07:24:51PM -0500, Ken Edwards wrote:
> >
> >>Getting hotmail index page...
> >>Retrying [1/3]...
> >>Retrying [2/3]...
> >>Retrying [3/3]...

When gotmail says this, it's because curl didn't retrieve the page.
Try submitting a whole bug report; instructions in the README.

--
  _  _ . .|  _ _ ._ ._  _ ._  address@hidden
 |_)(_||_|| (_(_|| || |(_)| | http://ssl.usu.edu/paul/