gotmail-list

[gotmail] A few observations

From: Ken Edwards
Subject: [gotmail] A few observations
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:17:52 -0500

Paul et. al,

I have been doing some debugging on my own. I looked closer at the cmdline that was failing. It
failed after a Set-Cookie header field with a seg. fault.

Then I looked closer at the code and the -b option for curl takes a temporary cookie file as an arguement. These files were either non-existant or empty in my debugging attempts. I noticed the option build was looking for $cookies != 0. In my case, even without cookies in the @cookie
array, I was seeing a value of 1 in $cookie.

I changed line 536 in version 0.7.9 to be $cookies > 1 in place of $cookies != 0.

After the change, I am able to go through the Logging In...., and Following redirect..., then I get
the message telling me that Hotmail's page structure has changed.

I am using curl 6.5.2  opensll 0.9.5a-1, and Perl 5.8.0

Help ?

Ken