gotmail-list

[gotmail] Periodic Failures

From: William E. Kempf
Subject: [gotmail] Periodic Failures
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:11:42 -0600 (CST)

I'm still trying to find a good way to pull Hotmail mail down to my Linux
mail system.  I used Hotwayd for several months... which I have to admit
there's some things about it that I like better than gotmail.  For
instance, I kind of preferred the proxy POP3 server approach.  But, in the
end, it failed to retrieve mail for an entire week, with no reports of
errors.  So, I decided to give gotmail a try.

It's been running for about a month.  Usually it works with out flaw.
I've wrapped it in a simple script that eats all output, unless an error
occurs. This way, I get an e-mail from Cron only when a gotmail fails for
some reason.  Most of the time, it runs with out an issue... but
occasionally I get reports like the following:

---
Gotmail v0.7.9    Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Peter Hawkins
Gotmail comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details.

Getting hotmail index page...
Processing java check....
Logging in...
Following redirect...
gotmail died with message: Could not isolate folder index location

Exiting abnormally, cleaning temp files.
---

Any ideas why this occurs?

--
William E. Kempf