gotmail-list

[gotmail] Getting emails that aren't mine

From: Ben Staniford
Subject: [gotmail] Getting emails that aren't mine
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:39:31 +0100

Hello,

I’m a newcomer to this list and to gotmail generally.  I downloaded and installed it on my mail server a few weeks ago and ever since have been getting some interesting results, namely.  I’ve been getting my own emails but also a lot intended for other people….

Hmm…..Since writing the above something occurred to me, I wondered if gotmail was downloading things from my deleted mail folder that hotmail automatically fills with crap from people I don’t know.  I logged into hotmail and found that the deleted mail folder was empty (never happens) so either gotmail deleted it all or downloaded it.  One thing remains though?  If gotmail just downloaded stuff from my deleted mail folder, how come the to field on all the emails was to someone else??

Regards,

* Ben Staniford                *

* address@hidden         *