gotmail-list

[gotmail] No <PRE> in message

From: Stephen Beaudry
Subject: [gotmail] No <PRE> in message
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:57:56 -0800 (PST)

Hello again,

    I think I've answered my own question about why there is no
<pre></pre> tags in some of my hotmail e-mail, and thought it might
provide some others insight into "intermittent" failures.

    It appears that SOME messages that come into my inbox on hotmail
contain a <pre></pre> pair, while others don't.  The e-mails that do
NOT contain a <pre></pre> pair always seem (in my case) to contain a
<DIV class=RTE></DIV> pair of tags in their place.  I assume this is
to do with differently formatted e-mails, but haven't tracked down
exactly what formatting does which yet.  I did send myself an e-mail
from hotmail's interface, and it came up with the <DIV
class=RTE></DIV> tags, not the <pre></pre>.

    I would hope this was a single anomaly, but wouldn't count on it.

    Incidentally, in forwarding my member services e-mail from hotmail to
another acocunt, hotmail decided to delete the message (it was stored
in my drafts folder, so maybe not entirely their fault).  Anyone else
that still has a copy of this message, I'd appreciate it if you'd send
it off to me.

Cheers,

...Steve...