gotmail-list

Re: [gotmail] Guinea Pigs

From: John Fruetel
Subject: Re: [gotmail] Guinea Pigs
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 18:59:17 -0800

I've looked at the double getting email thing; it's harmless, but still
wrong and ineffecient.  It's related to the SpamAssassin stuff I put in :)
Also, the double downloading only applies to people forwarding the mail to
another e-mail account.

Not sure about the versioning;  I marked the latest ones as version 7.11.
If I don't get any more bug reports, I'll probably put out a final version
marked as 7.11a or something.

If/when Savannah comes back, this should get posted up there.  Of course,
someone named 'Michael Wright' posted a fixed version of gotmail just before
Savannah got hacked.

There will be two versions of Gotmail when Savannah comes back; this one and
Mr. Wright's.  I don't really have any attachment to making mine the
'official' one though; I just want one that works.  Without Gotmail (and
SpamAssassin), my hotmail account is fulled with junk in just a few days.