gpsd-users

Re: 3.22 not sending PPS to SHM

From: David Taylor
Subject: Re: 3.22 not sending PPS to SHM
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:22:16 +0000

On 12/01/2021 15:41, Martin Boissonneault wrote:
Hi David, gpsd-users,

I haven't read you added the dtoverlay for pps in /boot/config.txt, did you
think to do it?

I haven't tinkered with GPSd 3.22 yet but I have a Pi4 working with a previous
recent version I can check. Let me know if you need some configuration bits.

Martin Boissonneault VE2MRX
Sent from my phone

Martin, here are the configuration files I have. Without these (I suspect) PPS wouldn't be available:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     /boot/config.txt
.
.
.
# PPS support
dtoverlay=pps-gpio,gpiopin=18
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      /etc/modules

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

i2c-dev
pps-gpio

gpsd itself works (tested with cgps -s) and ubxtool gives sensible results.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk