gpsd-users

Re: Updates from 3.20 to 3.23

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: Updates from 3.20 to 3.23
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:16:08 -0600

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 10:21:04 -0700
"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> wrote:

> > The core of the program is:
> >
> > #if GPSD_API_MAJOR_VERSION >= 7
> > /* from <gps_json.h> */
> > #define GPS_JSON_RESPONSE_MAX   4096
>
> That is a big problem.  Never copy a value from a header.  That value
> changes.  You should always include the proper headers.

I'd be glad to do it that way. However, when I build gpsd HEAD for
Debian 10, gps_json.h is never copied to a suitable include directory.

Pulling it out of my gpsd repo sounds pretty tacky, too.

    #if GPSD_API_MAJOR_VERSION >= 7
    /* from <gps_json.h> */
    /* #define GPS_JSON_RESPONSE_MAX   4096 */

    #include "/home/charles/versioned/gpsd/include/gps_json.h" /* Tacky! */

gps.h ends up in /usr/local/include, so that might be a
good place for gps_json.h.

Another option might be to move GPS_JSON_RESPONSE_MAX to gps.h. I
think that's the only thing in gps_json.h that I use.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/