gpsd-users

Re: cycle start detector

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: cycle start detector
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 07:39:05 -0500

Dick Middleton <dick@lingbrae.com> writes:

> I'm running 3.22 of gpsd.

That's old.  Update to the latest release or the head of git master.  It
is unlikely that anyone here wants to debug old code.

> I get zillions (many, many a second) of messages in the logs like:
> gpsd cycle-start detector failed.
>
> I've no idea what it means or what I'm supposed to do about it (other than
> set -D0).

I would suggest turning -D higher, and then reading the messages.

> Gpsd seems to work despite the warnings.
>
> Could someone enlighten me.

If you would like help, then

   update to git master

   repeat the experiment

   post again but say what you actually did.  You left out type of
   receiver, operating system, computer cpu type, and the output from
   starting gpsd with higher loggign levels