gpsd-users

Re: gpsd hardware with RTK support?

From: Nick Taylor
Subject: Re: gpsd hardware with RTK support?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:49:54 +0000

Hi Greg

On 21/11/2022 12:36, Greg Troxel wrote:
I would suggest using a search engine.

<snip>
The u-blox F9P definitely works well, given a good antenna, good sky
view, and good reference data.  There is also a Septentrio product
family "Mosaic" but I have not used it.  I am not aware of other
sub-$1000 GNSS receiver chipsets that do RTK.  There are of course
things like the Trimble R12, and while they don't seem to post prices I
am sure they are well over $1000 :-( and I have no reason to think they
work with gpsd, or that anybody using them would be using other than an
expensive proprietary-software data collector.

   https://www.sparkfun.com/products/18442
   https://www.ardusimple.com/rtk-receivers/
   https://geospatial.trimble.com/products-and-solutions/trimble-r12i

Wow another can of worms!! This stuff sooo complex :D

Many thanks for the pointers Greg