gpsd-users

Re: GPS satelllite view question

From: Nick Taylor
Subject: Re: GPS satelllite view question
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 10:46:06 +0000

On 23/11/2022 20:28, Charles Curley wrote:
On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 14:04:06 +0000
Nick Taylor <nicktaylor@dataskill.uk> wrote:

My question is... I realise that in ideal world GPS should have as
full view of sky as possible, but is it expected in the above
scenario that there can be periods of time (hours to days) where the
portion of sky visible by these GPS antenna in window can fail to see
any satellite data
I'll add that in my experience the side of a building closer to the
equator will see more satellites at any one time than the side away
from the equator.

Thanks to all those who responded

The signal seems to have come back for our test rig now so I'm pretty sure it was just orbits/atmospherics to blame

Best

Nick