Re: Savannah bug->email gateway problems affecting groff

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Savannah bug->email gateway problems affecting groff
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 23:13:38 -0600

G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> [CCing Bob Proulx]
>
> This message just is not showing up on the savannah-hackers-public list
> (after two attempts 6 hours apart), so maybe there is more than one
> email problem going on.

I see one of the messages in the archive okay.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2022-08/msg00006.html

I am thinking that your message was simply held for new sender
moderation.  Since all new senders to a mailing list, and that is
every mailing list is independent because that's how Mailman does
things, are held for human moderation as an anti-spam measure.  Having
been approved however all subsequent messages will be sent through
without delay.  I know I have been busy in real life and haven't been
able to attend the keyboard much the past few days.  But others in the
team should be able to handle things.  I don't know why a second
message would not have gone through.  But perhaps if the human thought
it was a duplicate they might have discarded it while trying to be
helpful.  I don't know.

In any case I made a reply to that message a few minutes ago.

> groff list subscribers may wish to consult
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2022-08/index.html
> for context.
>
> I'd like to push some commits but I'm worried that gateway might be
> affected too.

When you say gateway are you talking about the git server?  I don't
usually think of a git server as a gateway.  It's just another server
system.  The git server is a separate virtual machine server from the
Savannah web frontend virtual machine server.  This is done to
separate services which helps against malicious action from the
hostile Internet.  Like we are experiencing now on the web frontend
system.  If you are talking about git hook commit email notifications
then that comes directly from the git server.  Commit mail
notifications are sent directly from the git server itself.

Bob