Re: About groff and dformat

From: Thomas Dupond
Subject: Re: About groff and dformat
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 17:50:53 +0200

Riza Dindir <riza.dindir@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Thomas,

Hi!

> Finally I was able to use the dformat without problems.

Congrats! :)

> The problem was the order in the pipe. In the original paper the
> author provided an example on the order of the preprocessors. I did
> not have the correct order. It should have been
>
> !sh dformat.sh format-test.ms | pic | tbl | eqn | groff -ms > main.ps

I have the same result as you have. I don't know why the order matters,
my knowledge of prepocessors is lacking.

However I recreated your document easily with:

$ dformat.awk format-test.ms | groff -ms -pe -Tps > main.ps

I did not use tbl (with the -t switch) and it worked perfectly.  You
don't need tbl for this particular document.

I noted that when producing the pdf (either with groff -Tpdf or ps2pdf),
the dotted lines appear thinner than in the postscript file.  To be
honest, I would not have noticed them if I only looked at the pdf file.

--
Regards,
Thomas