Re: Doubts about a typo fix

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: Doubts about a typo fix
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 13:35:41 -0600

[dropping Paul Eggert and linux-man; keeping Alex just in case]

At 2022-11-27T01:58:17+0000, Deri wrote:
> On Saturday, 26 November 2022 21:56:04 GMT G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Deri, can you help me come up with a list of things that will break
> > when running ps2pdf over a PostScript document?  PDFs produced that
> > way will have no CMap.  What will happen to PS documents that use
> > the SS or ZDR fonts?  Will anything to do with paper format or
> > orientation be affected?
>
> I think Peter has a section in the using mom for pdfs documentation.

I see.  Section 6.2 of that document goes into detail (it's
mom-pdf.{mom,pdf} in the groff-base package in Debian-based
distributions.

I see nothing about CMaps, though.  And nothing about SS or ZDR, though
that won't be necessary if we perform a file type check in gropdf.pl and
issue a diagnostic.

I'll take a note to add warnings about these to the gropdf man page, and
we can coordinate changes to gropdf.pl as time permits.

Regards,
Branden