grub-devel

Re: configure does not honor CC when testing for -mcmodel=large

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: configure does not honor CC when testing for -mcmodel=large
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:01:04 +0100

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 03:35:57PM -0700, Seth Goldberg wrote:
>  Ok, setting TARGET_CC to gcc-4.3.2 works around this.  My assumption was
> that CC was the right environment variable (technically, it is, since I'm
> not "cross-compiling".

Any reason not to use --host as well as --target then, so that Autoconf
knows you want to force a specific host platform? If you do that and the
values provided for host and target are the same, GRUB's configure
script won't assume cross-compilation.

> This going back to the core problem of all autoconf detecting Solaris
> as i386-pc-solaris and not x86_64-pc-solaris.

That should be fixed in config.{guess,sub}, certainly.