grub-devel

Automatically detecting empty configuration variables

From: Alberto Salvia Novella
Subject: Automatically detecting empty configuration variables
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 15:28:27 +0200

Greetings boyos!

I have developed a grub configuration file that, instead of asking the user manually setting all the grub variables, it figures them out by itself automatically.

The file looks like this:
https://pastebin.com/CUGHnckJ

I was wondering if that logic could be included in GRUB C code itself. As if the configuration file misses a variable, GRUB assumes the variable shall be guessed automatically as in that config file.

If you agree with this change, I can summit a patch.