grub-devel

GRUB 2.12 release - update

From: Daniel Kiper
Subject: GRUB 2.12 release - update
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 16:52:09 +0200

Hi,

We are getting closer to the 2.12 release. Sadly we still do not have
many of important patch sets in the tree. So, I am going to spend more
time on reviews in the following weeks. Below you can find my list of
key patch sets which should land in the release:
  - Dynamic allocation of memory regions and IBM vTPM v2,
  - Unify ARM64 & RISC-V Linux Loader,
  - Add support for LoongArch,
  - plainmount: Support plain encryption mode,
  - Glenn's tests fixes.

Of course all patches which got my RB or are under review will be merged too.

There is also "nice to have" list but I do not consider lack of this
patch sets as release blockers:
  - Add support for EFI file system transposition,
  - term/serial: Add support for PCI serial devices,
  - Add MMIO serial ports support and SPCR detection,
  - Glenn's gdb patch set.

I hope I will be able to review and merge all patch sets from first list
during November. Then if everything goes well we will make code freeze
in December and release at the beginning of next year, preferably in January.

I am considering to not block merges for tests and documentation during
code freeze.

If you have any comments on that plan please drop me a line.

Daniel