gtktalog-devel

[Gtktalog-devel] Re: GTKTalog

From: Yves Mettier
Subject: [Gtktalog-devel] Re: GTKTalog
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:25:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Sander!

I have made some tests with an XML format: it looks very interesting. But my
tests were
not done in good conditions: we need to do some more tests before choosing XML
as the
language of the default file format.

However, plugins can output XML even if the gtktalog file format has nothing to
do with
XML. For this, you should either hack the current plugins (add an option on the
command
line to output XML-formated data) or ask the plugins developers to do it if
they do not
matter doing it.
This will probably be needed if the default file format for gtktalog becomes
XML-formated, but this needs tests, then work.

I forward your mail (and my answer) to the mailing list, and to Panagiotis
Issaris for
the video plugins if he is interested in such a development. Mathieu does not
seem to
maintain mp3info any more, and on the Mandrake distribution, mpgtx is prefered
mp3info in their package.

Yves

--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -