Offering help

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Offering help
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:57:44 +0100

Hello Guilers,

I am the author of Sizzle, a Scheme interpreter similar to Guile.  A
few days ago, Marius has contacted me and asked some questions about
Sizzle because RMS had stumbled across Sizzle.  I answered privately
but since Marius said it would probably be of more general interest, I
now start a discussion here.

Marius asked whether I would be interested in working on Guile
instead, and I thought about it.  In fact, I had thought about it
earlier, but this week a project I once started (now maintained by two
friends of mine) was officially dubbed a GNU program with its next
release.  So I thought `Hey, I am writing free software anyway, and
after all, we all have the same goal.'  So I took a deeper look at the
Guile sources and the new reference manual and it looks much better
now than when I started my own interpretera year ago.

Are you still interested in a helping hand?  I don't know if I will
find a place where my work would be of much use, but maybe you can
point out some part of the project where help would be needed, and
which is a good starter.  One thing I noticed was that the
infrastructure of the project could need some cleanup, such as the
documentation files (INFO, ANON-CVS, HACKING, SNAPSHOTS etc.) and the
web pages, which are out-of-date.  Whould you like patches for those?

Anyway, maybe this is a place where I could give back a bit of what I
received from the free software community.

Happy hacking,
  'mgrabmue

--
Martin Grabmueller              address@hidden