Re: status: separation of expansion/optimization/memoization/execution

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: status: separation of expansion/optimization/memoization/execution
Date: 05 Aug 2002 20:15:12 +0200

Han-Wen <address@hidden> writes:

> FWIW, I "installed" some of the GC benchmarks over here --pretty
> trivial-- and the code is GPL, but probably not (c) assigned. We can't
> accept it then, Marius (right?), so shall I try asking the guy for a
> disclaimer & assignment? (I think it has a slim chance working).

Well, I'm not really sure about this, but I would say that supporting
material does not need to be copyrighted by the FSF.  The risk is that
when some code is not (C) FSF, the FSF can not be sure that the
license really is GPL and might be forced to take the code out again.
When that happens to the benchmark suite, Guile itself is not
terminally harmed.  If you can get a disclaimer (there are several
options), so much the better.

I'm a bad thinker when it comes to licenses.  It's better to ask
<address@hidden>.