Re: What to do about config.h, etc...

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: What to do about config.h, etc...
Date: 05 Mar 2003 15:18:31 +0100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

>   - Use a C program to translate from config.h to the public and
>     private headers,

I like this approach best, with a slight variation: only generate the
public header this way and let autoconf produce the private header.

The public header then does not need all the comments etc it just
needs to be functionally correct.  We would have duplicate symbols
(modulo the SCM_ prefix) in the public and private headers, but that
should be no problem.

Using a C program instead of a shell script makes supporting cross
compiling a little bit hairier, but not at all difficult, I'd say.