Re: Future of ice-9/slib.scm.

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Future of ice-9/slib.scm.
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:09:55 +1100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> With respect to some of the *features*, it looks like guile.init
> handles 'random by just adding the two functions that Guile's native
> implementation was missing.

I might have reported that, looks like it's fixed.

> I think this probably means that the
> FIXME in slib.scm has been fixed, and Guile doesn't need to
> inappropriately remove 'random from *features* anymore.

Yep.  (Of course the removal of 'random was entirely appropriate when
there were functions missing.)

> If so, then it should be OK to drop the slib.scm code that
> removes 'array from *features*, but someone else may want to
> double-check.

Sounds likely.  Same story I think, extra bits added.

>   - slib:eval -- should it be using slib-module or
>     interaction-environment?

There's something going on in the whole of guile.init with modules
that I couldn't figure out.  Eg. the aliasing define to define-public.
There's probably a reason for it.