Re: [r6rs-discuss] Implementors' intentions concerning R6RS

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: [r6rs-discuss] Implementors' intentions concerning R6RS
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:28:51 +0000

Many thanks for your quick response, and I appreciate your kind words
about Guile.  The specific issue that I mentioned is still present in
1.4.1, so if you've tried running the r5rs_pitfalls test with 1.4.1,
it would fail for at least that reason; and I suspect there may be a
couple of other issues that we've fixed since then.

In case you do come across any R5 issues with the current Guile
(1.8.x), please do let us know, as we really do want Guile to be
R5RS-compliant.

FWIW, my feeling about R6 as a whole is that it is not aligned with
Guile's objective - remembering that the latter is not just to be a
Scheme implementation, but a Scheme implementation in the form of an
embeddable library that is useful for extending applications.  But my
thoughts on this haven't fully crystallised yet.

Regards,
        Neil